Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Film competitions?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Si Tutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anyone know of any short-film or documentary competitions i can send a short-film i am working on to?

    Also, does anyone know people get their short-films etc. shown on any channel at any time on T.V, if the material is any good, of course.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member directoric's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know there is a website where you can get info on how to get your film on TV. I'll look for it and keep in contact with you.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member directoric's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm back. check this web site out www.fetching.com
    That will get you what you need to know. A, check this out....I'm tring to do some independent music videos, and i have a few questions about getting started. can you help me out. not to many people here can seem to help me out when it comes to that catagory. I found this site quicly for you because i had it book marked just in case....My email add. is [email protected].

  4. #4
    Inactive Member directoric's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2000
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm back. check this web site out ant to any who might need it. www.fetching.com
    That will get you what you need to know. A, check this out....I'm tring to do some independent music videos, and i have a few questions about getting started. can you help me out. not to many people here can seem to help me out when it comes to that catagory(the basics). I found this site quicly for you because i had it book marked just in case....My email add. is [email protected].

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jon Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 1999
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shooting Gallery on Channel 4 is an obvious one. They pay approx GB?100 per minute to screen a short film. I've had two 16mm shorts, that I've D.O.P'ed screened on Shooting Gallery over the last few years.
    E-mail C4 to find out how to submit a film.

    Jon.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Si Tutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cheers, I looked at that web-site that you told me about, and it was really handy, it's quite hard to find web-sites like that, if you know of any more, it would really help me out if you E-mail me, at [email protected].
    However, answering your question about music videos, i dont really know much about that category, i'm only really starting out myself, and at the moment i'm only really concentrating on things like short-films, documentaries, and advertising. So, sorry i couldn't be of much use.
    Cheers,
    Si Tutton

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Erin Michelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You should check out the film festival calendar on REELMIND--
    http://www.reelmind.com

    You can sort by genre, entry deadline and festival name.


  8. #8
    Inactive Member t_palali's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    there is a website that tries to make people famious. www.getoutthere.bt.com

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2000
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    You can submit films to ukscreen.com I am currently showing my film there (Ninth Life) www.greyscale.dk/ninthlife

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •